- Huntington Bank’s two checking account bonus offers were set to expire on February 6th, but have been extended until June 7th.
- Huntington Bank Platinum Perks Review: New personal checking account customers can earn a $600 bonus for depositing $25,000 within 90 days of account opening; offer expires June 7.
- Huntington Bank Perks Review: New personal checking account customers can earn a $400 bonus for receiving a qualifying direct deposit of any amount within 90 days of account opening; offer expires June 7.
Platinum Perks Review – $600: How To Get It
- Open the new Huntington Bank Platinum Perks Checking account on June 7: You can open this account online or in person. If you open it online, be sure to apply from the promotion page linked here to qualify for the bonus.
- Deposit at least $25,000 in new money within 90 days: You can make this deposit at one time or for the whole 90 days. These deposits must come from outside of Huntington Bank—you are not eligible for the bonus if you transfer the money from another Huntington account. These are not necessarily direct deposits.
- Keep the account open for 90 days: You must keep your account open for 90 days, though you don’t need to maintain a balance of $25,000, according to Huntington Bank.
- Receive the bonus: Huntington says the $600 bonus will be deposited into your account within 14 days of meeting the requirements.
Perks Review – $400: How To Get It
- Open a new Huntington Bank Perks Checking account on June 7: You can do it online or in person. For online applications, use the link provided here to ensure you qualify for the bonus.
- Receive a qualified direct deposit of any amount within 90 days: Unlike many bank bonus requirements, for this bonus, you only need to receive a qualifying direct deposit of any amount. Qualified direct deposits are usually periodic payments, such as employee salaries, pensions, or government payments; Money transfers you initiate yourself don’t count, nor do payments through peer-to-peer networks like PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle, according to Huntington Bank.
- Keep the account open for 90 days: You will not be eligible for the bonus if you close your account in the first 90 days.
- Claim the bonus: Huntington says it will deposit the $400 bonus into your account within 14 days of meeting the requirements.
Learn more about Huntington Bank bonuses, including bonus restrictions and account fees.
Are These Huntington Bank Bonuses Worth It?
The Huntington Bank promotions above are an interesting pair. The Platinum Perks Checking bonus has a relatively high deposit requirement of $25,000, with a relatively high bonus amount of $600. In the selection of bank bonuses we’re tracking today, we’ve seen a range of $50 to $2,500, and it’s higher than most. With this account you must maintain a total balance of $25,000 in some combination of Huntington Bank accounts, or pay a $25 monthly fee. If you have a lot of money to keep in the bank anyway, then it might be worth opening the account.
The required Perks Checking bonus, on the other hand, is almost as easy as it sounds—direct depositing any amount within 90 days can earn you $400. That makes the Perks Checking promotion much more valuable compared to your average bank bonus, which often runs $200 or $300 and requires a deposit of several thousand dollars.
With the Perks Checking account you pay a $10 monthly fee, unless you make $1,000 deposits into this account or maintain a $5,000 relationship balance.
Both Huntington Bank checking accounts earn a small amount of interest—0.02% for the Perks account, and 0.03% for the Platinum Perks account. While that doesn’t sound like much compared to our list of the best high-yield checking accounts, the bonus can help offset what you didn’t earn over the course of a year.
How We Track Bank Account Bonuses
Every business day, Investopedia tracks 16 banks and the current, new, extended, and expired account bonuses they offer customers. Banks are selected based on consumer interest. We update our picks for the best bank account bonuses, the best checking account bonuses, and the best savings account bonuses as needed, selected based on bonus amounts. , bonus requirements, and account features. We aim to keep you updated on review and account savings bonus offers so you can take advantage of them as soon as possible.