Sports management degrees are versatile tools in business and sports. With the right degree program, you can become an expert in your field, have the technical skills that set the foundation for your career, and get an advanced education in your desired field. It’s a great investment, whether you’re just starting your higher education journey or pursuing a degree after years in the profession. But like any investment, it’s important to understand the value a sports management degree can provide and who really appreciates getting one. Learn more in these short answers from Barton College on how to choose the right sports managers and where to find them.
What is Sports Management?
Sports management focuses on sports and entertainment businesses, from professional sports teams around the world to sports and entertainment. Sports management degree programs include finance, management, and management. The job field is growing—and the demand for sports managers is growing, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics expecting the market to grow by 11% from 2018 to 2028. Some careers to consider in sports management include:
- Athletic director in schools and community programs
- Contract management specialists
- Sports researchers
- Sports assistants
- Lawyers who focus on sports
- Sales managers
Who Is A Sports Management Degree Good For?
Sports management degrees are best suited for people who are committed to rewarding careers in sports management. It is especially beneficial for people who have money or business who want to participate in this special activity. At Barton College, we offer qualified students an accelerated MBA in Strategic Leadership. The rigorous program of this degree supports special skills. Students who want to become an accountant or business executive often need a master’s degree, whether it’s a matter of certification or competing for such a position.
Barton’s Sport Management Program
Barton College offers a sports management program designed to help students succeed and begin their new adventure in sports and recreation. We are a private four-year college with a long history of providing students with the highest quality education and opportunities for growth. We offer four-year degree programs and a 3+2 MBA. Some of the benefits that sports management software offers are:
- Access to our large Alumni network: The Barton College Alumni Association has more than 26,000 members in a variety of industries, technologies, and regions.
- Major: Our sports management degree program is housed in the School of Business & Innovation, which offers a variety of programs including: Bachelor of Science (BS) in sports management.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategic Leadership
- Diverse Minors: Choose a minor from common areas such as humanities, clinical writing, and billing, or other options through Barton College, such as video production, communication, or finance.
- Professional profile development: Discover conferences and seminars, gain valuable experience through these courses, and receive support to develop your professional profile after completing your degree.
Do You Feel Like A Sports Manager Is Right For You? Apply Today!
The right degree program is the key to developing a career you love. At Barton College, we support all of our students with rich academic programs, internship and scholarship opportunities, and online opportunities after graduation. Contact us today to speak with an admissions representative to learn more about everything we have to offer prospective students.
Image source: Prostock-studio/Shutterstock